The 31st Annual Pacific Coast Research Conference (PCRC) will be held WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, Feb. 1-3, 2023, at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in Coronado, California. The schedule has been shifted to a Wednesday-Friday schedule in both 2023 and 2024. Please adjust your calendars using the dates at the bottom of this webpage.
Notifications of acceptance went out on Tuesday, Oct. 25. We had a staggering number of poster and panel abstract submissions this year. Thank you for your patience as we made some tough decisions and planned our agenda.
2023 PCRC REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Please make a note of the registration fee increase and the deadlines in the Key Dates section below. All registrations -- attendee and guest -- must be completed AND paid by Dec. 30, 2022. There is no on-site registration at PCRC. Respective registration links for PCRC attendees and PCRC guests are below:
- PCRC ATTENDEE registration ($425 through Nov. 30; $500 from Dec. 1-30): https://redcap.link/2023PCRCregistration
- PCRC GUEST registration ($275; includes all PCRC-organized meals): https://redcap.link/2023PCRCGuest
Book your stay at the Loews! If you know you will be joining us for PCRC, please make your hotel reservation at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort now! The PCRC discounted room rate starts at $249 per night. PCRC rates will be honored on reservations from Jan. 30 through Feb. 5, 2023. Reserve your room at the PCRC rate here: https://www.loewshotels.com/coronado-bay-resort/group-pcrc-2023. This discounted rate will be available through Jan. 1, 2023, or when the hotel reaches capacity, whichever occurs sooner. For assistance, call 1-877-862-8559.
Call for Abstracts & Conference News: News on this year's PCRC and future conferences, including the Call for Abstracts for 2023 PCRC with poster and panel submittal links, will be shared with subscribers to PCRC's mailing list correspondence. Not subscribed yet? Please email email@example.com to join.
2023 PCRC Key Dates:
Please make a note of these submittal and registration deadlines, and be sure you are subscribed to the PCRC mailing list:
Monday, June 27: Call for Abstracts for 2023 PCRC opens. The CfA will also be sent to the PCRC mailing list. Friday, Sept. 16 (EXTENDED ONE WEEK): 2023 PCRC Call for Abstracts closes. Tuesday, Oct. 25: Poster/panel submission notifications are sent.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, through Wednesday, Nov. 30: PCRC registration is open at the $425 Early Bird rate for all attendees. Guest registration is $275.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30: Last day to register at the $425 Early Bird rate. All incomplete attendee registration payments will be increased on Dec. 1.
- Thursday, Dec. 1: PCRC attendee registration increases to $500.
- Friday, Dec. 30: Last day to register for 2023 PCRC.
- All incomplete/unpaid registrations must be completed and paid before this deadline.
- Presenters who have not registered AND paid will have their presentations removed from the PCRC schedule.
- There will be no onsite registration at 2023 PCRC.
- Saturday, Dec. 31: Last day to cancel your PCRC registration and request a refund (minus a small administrative fee). See the Registration Cancellation section below for full details.
- Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023: The deadline to book your stay at the Loews Coronado at the PCRC discounted rate (if the hotel has not already reached capacity). Rooms reserved with this dedicated PCRC reservation link are applied to the PCRC room block and help us defer conference expenses -- please use that link when reserving your hotel room.
- Wednesday through Friday, Feb. 1-3, 2023: The 2023 PCRC magic happens!
About the Conference:
This is an annual research meeting typically held on the West Coast in mid-winter. It is for researchers concerned about teaching, learning, and schooling for students with mild to moderate disabilities. PCRC is a unique research meeting, characterized by intensity and informality. In 2023 and 2024, the meeting will shift and will run from Wednesday evening until Friday evening; sessions are two hours in length. PCRC is distinguished by the high quality of research presented, an informality that promotes effective and vigorous participation and interaction, and an opportunity to discuss controversial topics or works in progress.
To join the mailing list so that you will automatically receive updates on the Pacific Coast Research Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to share an announcement with the mailing list, please email email@example.com with your request along with any related deadlines to consider, URLs, and attachments. Non-conference-related information (e.g. faculty job postings, academic journal CfPs) is collected and sent around once a month to limit email frequency. If you wish to be removed from the non-conference-related mailing list, please let Elizabeth Turner know by emailing the PCRC email address above.
Mark Your Calendars! Future PCRC Dates:
- PCRC 2023: Wednesday, Feb. 1 - Friday, Feb. 3, 2023
- PCRC 2024: Wednesday, Jan. 31 - Friday, Feb. 2, 2024
If you must cancel your registration for the 2023 conference, PCRC will refund your registration fee (minus a small processing fee) if requests are received IN WRITING to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. PT Friday, Dec. 31, 2022. Refunds after that date will not be issued.
If the unlikely event that the conference is cancelled, PCRC will issue refunds of registration fees only. Guests are responsible for managing their own travel, food, and lodging.
Please reach out to Elizabeth Turner at email@example.com with any questions.